Friday, October 31, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Bethany #8

Last night Raymond was giving Bethany a bath and they were spelling words with these bath letters. She wanted to spell "Daddy." Here's the conversation that ensued.

Raymond - "We can't spell 'Daddy' because we don't have enough 'd's'."
Bethany - "But I want to spell daddy!"
R - "Just picture it in your mind."
B - "Where's my mind?"
R - "In your head. You can see things in your mind. Close your eyes and think about something. Think about Grandma. What does she look like?"
B - "Green!!!"
R - "Okay. Um..."
B - "I want to see Mommy in my mind!"
R - "Okay, what does she look like?"
B - " A potato!!!"

Seriously? A potato?

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Jonathan and I laughed very hard! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I promise, you do NOT look like a potato!!!

Amanda said...

Wow! That is too funny! You do not look like a potato!!!

After that, was Raymond too scared to ask her what he looked like in her mind?

Phyllis said...

LOL!!
Are you a baked potato with the works or are you just a plain ol' potato?? ;)

H. Shae said...

A potato? Does that mean you're delicious, baked in foil, rolled in kosher salt, dripping with butter, cheese, chives, bacon bits and sour cream??? Amanda, I could just eat you up right now!

dougnlarry said...

That's hilarious!

Maybe she's not quite ready to picture things in her mind? ;)

Amanda said...

Hi Amanda, I really loved the potato story. It's great to hear that things are going well. Hope you had a happy halloween!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

That is too funny. And no, you are no potato, my friend!

Hoots Musings said...

Maybe she meant you are a common tater!