Thursday, June 19, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Bethany #3

Here are a couple funny things she's said lately...

Bethany - "Me and Daddy are going to make cookies for you Mommy."

Raymond - (Correcting her grammar) "Daddy and I."

Bethany - "Daddy and I. (pause to think) Who's I?

Amanda - "You are I."

Bethany - "I'm not I!"


I hesitated to post the next quote because it's not quite so humorous if you can't see the look on her face when she said it. However, it's too good to not post!

We were at HEB the other day in the bakery. I was talking to one of the ladies behind the counter. Meanwhile, I hear in the background Bethany saying, "Mommy, look - cupcakes! Mommy there's cake! Mommy - cookies! Mommy, look - cupcakes!" Over and over and over. So the nice lady behind the counter gives her a sugar cookie. As we are leaving Bethany looks at me with overwhelming delight in her eyes and says, "Mommy, I want to have my birthday party HERE!!!!!!" I laughed out loud in the store. A birthday party at HEB. That would be a first!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Free Party at HEB for Bethany??? Count us in :) Cade will be so thrilled, he "yikes" HEB much "bedder" than "wal-marts" as he likes to tell me!!!