Thursday, November 6, 2008

I just don't understand...

people who can't put their kids in carseats!!! It makes me so angry! This weekend I was driving down Interstate 20 in Ft. Worth with my mom and my sister. We passed a car and all gasped out loud when we saw a little girl, probably around 2, looking out the window of the car. The window was rolled more than halfway down, she was holding onto it with her hands and her little head was just peering out the window, hair blowing in the breeze. Not a carseat to be seen. I would have called the police if I could have gotten her license plate #, but we couldn't get it. Then, this morning while I was getting gas I saw a woman put her baby in a rear-facing infant carseat (at least she was in a carseat) in the FRONT passenger seat! She had a completely empty back row. I don't know why I care so much, but it just infuriates me to no end. There are things that we can't protect our kids from. They WILL get hurt. I know this. However, shouldn't we all take every precaution that we can to protect them?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! That irritates me too. It's be a long time since I saw a kid not in a car seat, but I feel exctly the same way!

dougnlarry said...

I'm the same way when I see it. I get furious. With all the things you can't control out there, why wouldn't you do all you can to protect your kids?

You're not alone...

Melissa said...

I am with you on this one, all the way. I can't stand it when someone says "We didn't have car seats or safety belts, and we turned out just fine."

So because they were LUCKY that they weren't killed or injured in a car accident as a child, they don't think we should take advantage of innovations in car safety that help protect our kids in the car???

Becky said...

Agreed...it's wreckless and thoughtless. I feel so sorry for the children in these situations b/c they don't get to PICK their parents...

Unknown said...

Amen! I fume at those people, too.

alicia said...

OMG two days ago I saw a lady driving while someone was sitting in the backseat holding onto a newborn. I mean this baby couldn't have been more then a week old. I almost stopped in the middle of the intersection. How could you not put your baby in a carseat!!!