Sunday, September 7, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Bethany #6

Well, I know it's been awhile since I've posted. We (the girls and I) have been out of town since Tuesday, and we won't be home until Wednesday! We are staying with my parents while I consign/volunteer/shop at this amazing event. There's one in Waco that I'll be participating in next week, but the one I'm doing this week is in Ft. Worth and it's the biggest one in Texas! It has been loads of fun and I've found some great buys! I got this BabyTrend stroller in EXCELLENT condition for only $10!!! I was so excited! I also found the Halloween costume I wanted for Bethany for $5. Woohoo!

Anyway, in order to shop early at this consignment sale, I volunteered to work several shifts. One of the shifts was on Wednesday evening. Here is the conversation that took place as I was getting ready to leave. Oh, let me preface this with the fact that usually when I leave her at night it is to go to some sort of meeting.


Me: Bethany, I'm not going to be home to put you to bed tonight because I have to go work.

B: Why are you going to work Mommy? Why aren't you going to a meeting? BOYS go to work!!!


I thought this was pretty funny. I figured my friend Amanda (a sociology professor) would get a kick out of it for sure!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG! Did she really say boys go to work? What did you say to her?

You should tell her you are going to work when you go to a meeting. I think sitting through a meeting is the worst kind of work!

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! Sounds like you are having an awesome time at the JBF also! I am a little envious of all the great deals you are getting! You'll have to do a photo post of all the loot you scored once you get back! Miss you!!

Jennifer said...

I miss you too! i'm being a good friend, though, and not walking without you! i'm jealous of your jbf shopping too.

oh, and we missed bethany in class yesterday. but, we (only) had 12 to deal with this time!!! CHAOS!!

Jennifer said...

oh, i just noticed it says that i'm posting at 6:10 am! no way!! your clock is off by a couple of hours! mercy.

Rebecca said...

LOL! I love what kids come up with. When Bryan first came to live with us he told me that my job was to cook and to clean.

dougnlarry said...

That's hilarious! Congrats on the great finds. I can't wait to see B's costume.

Shannon said...

I really need to attend/volunteer at one of those sales. You get the greatest stuff...and so cheap!

Bethany is a crack up.

P.S. We went to Chick-Fil-A today and I was told Mallory her friends would be there. She said, "And Bwefany too??" So cute!

Shannon Delcambre said...

hey! Im surprised Amanda hasnt taken her out for ice cream and told her what was what! Too cute!

By the way, a friend and I are going to JBF on Friday night. Will you be there?

Amanda said...

Oh I'm planning on it! We'll have a sit down at campout!

Amanda said...

Shannon D - No, I won't be at the JBF sale on Friday. I went to the one in Waco tonight and I went to the one in Ft. Worth last week. Which one are you going to?