Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just Call Me Martha...

or Becky!!! Yes, my good friend Becky always has the neatest posts about her crafts and fun things that she makes. I do love to "craft," but rarely take the time to do so. I've been doing it a lot lately and it really is so fun! Here are a few of the things I've made.

I bought the pattern for these dresses on etsy and had my mom walk me through making Landry's. I pretty much made it "all by myself," with just a little help from her. After that I felt confident to make Bethany's completely on my own and I DID!!! Here are the end results:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I did cheat a little and ask my mom to make them some pants to go under the dresses since she had a pattern for them. Here's what they look like with the pants:

Photobucket

Photobucket

So while I was perusing random blogs the other day, I got the idea to applique some shirts for the girls for V-Day. I decided to use scraps I already had from Landry's dress and I used a shirt and onesie I already had. All in all, this project cost me $0.00. Love it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I thought,"How cute would those pants that my mom made be with this shirt?????" The answer is VERY!

Photobucket

Photobucket

One more project and I promise I'll leave you alone! I got this idea off of a blog while Blog-surfing! It's called Imperfectly Beautiful and she has some wonderful cute ideas. Anyway, I think I'm going to give these to the girlees for Valentine's Day instead of candy or toys that they don't need.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Granted, mine don't look as good as the ones that inspired me, but I think they are good enough to hang in their rooms. I think this is the first time I've made something from "scratch," and it looks good enough to actually display in the house. Usually it ends up looking like a kindergartener brought it home and goes in the TRASH!!!

Thanks for sticking with me! I'll try to snap some pics of the girls actually wearing their new outfits soon!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

oh. my. goodness. those outfits are adorable!!!! i love all of your crafts. it's a good thing you didn't post those love shirts before valentine's. you would have had a bunch to make since we all would be ordering one!!!

i need to come over to see landry's room! i saw a little bit in the mirror of the dresser. it looks cute!!

Becky said...

Hey, Hey, Hey... Miss Martha's on her way...Those dresses turned out CAAAA-UTE! I could definately take some lessons from you in the sewing department, I know absolutely nothing in that realm!

As for paper crafts...
i HEART them!

Simple, easy, quick, fun, and usually CHEAP! Your plaques turned out marvelous and the girls will enjoy seeing them in their rooms each day! I always say, crafts + blogging = cheap therapy for Moms :) We may have to start pulling our inspirations together and craft when y'all come over to hang out!!

Great Job girl!!!

Becky said...

P.S. Isn't Imperfectly Beautiful a great site! Love her ideas :)

A Crafty Mom said...

Those are too cute Amanda!! I really love them - you are talented girl! I am dying to see the girls modeling their new duds :-)

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Oh, Amanda!! Sooooo cute. I love that Landry's shirt has lowercase letters and Bethany's has the uppercase. Such a cute big sis/lil' sis detail. (LOVE details like that!) And your wall hangings were so cute. Fun, fun, fun.

Lorie said...

Those outfits are beyond adorable! I am off to check out your friend Beckys site too! I just added yours to my Reader!! Love it!

Rebecca said...

How cute Amanda!! That is awesome that you are getting so crafty. Thank you for sharing your creations.