Friday, July 4, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Bethany #4

Yes, I know, I know. Some of you are wondering if I've forgotten I even have a blog. Haven't forgotten - just been very busy. You know - just one of those weeks. Anyway, I have a couple cute/interesting things Bethany has said lately.

Last Sunday Bethany came home singing that song "Be careful little ears what you hear..." She was singing it really well until she got to the part that says "For the Father up above is looking down in love." She sang "For the Father up above is looking down the street." Huh? Where did she get that??? I got a good laugh out of that one!

Tonight:

Me - Bethany, tomorrow we get to make Pappy a birthday cake!

Bethany - NO! I want GRAM to make my birthday cake for November!!!

Me - Ok, she can make your birthday cake, but November is far away. Pappy's birthday is on Sunday.

Bethany - Gram will make me my birthday cake at her home. She will put rice and beans in it. And seeds. I like to eat seeds.

Me - Ok then! (Seriously, what do you say to that???)

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

mmmmmm.....rice, beans, and seeds are yummy ingredients for a cake! ;)

dougnlarry said...

Yeah, that cake sounds delicious! LOL

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Tasty...I'll have to get that recipe for sure! She's such a hoot! I love the "looking down the street" bit. She is so smart for her age, too! She is definitely paying attention to the world around her.